Let's Make Yarn
A comprehensive step by step tutorial for beginners on how to create handspun yarn. In this course you will go from being an interested observer to a crafty handspinner creating your own beautiful yarn with a solid understanding of how to work with your spinning wheel.
Before I dive too deep into the course, let’s make sure this is the right one for you.
You are right for Let’s Make Yarn if you are looking to learn a relaxing craft that gives you the freedom to make your own yarn just the way you like. If you are…
- A total beginner looking to explore a new craft that will give you total creative license and a sense of calm.
- A returning spinner who has been away from the wheel and needs some refresher tips.
- A newer spinner who isn’t quite getting the yarn they want: Overspun, underspun or just not spun at all.
- A knitter, crocheter, weaver or other yarn junky who feels they have reached a plateau in their current craft and are ready to add a new level to the yarns you work with.
- A shepherd who wants to work learn to turn the fruits of their labor into useable yarn.
- A homesteader who wants to work more closely with natural fibers to create their own yarns and fiber products at home.
By the end of this program you will…
Have a solid understanding of how your wheel works
Know how to choose to fibers and wools
Be able to spin beautiful singles yarn
Know how to create ply to create multi-ply yarns
Understand how to finish your yarn for use
Have an understanding of the different types of processing
Let me introduce myself!
I am Kim, the owner and solo employee of Ewethful Fiber Farm & Mill. I own a mini fiber mill located in the Oregon valley in addition to having a flock of fiber animals and several other non-fiber animals that have joined the farm. At my mill I process locally sourced wool, alpaca, goat and other animal fibers into lovely handspinning fibers and yarns. I know wool and I definitely know that the right fibers can make learning to handspin a whole lot easier. I struggled with learning to spin myself and that has helped to make me an even better teacher for all those I teach to spin.
What Students Say
“Kim is a wonderful teacher who understands that individual learning styles vary. Listening to her and watching her spin helped me to understand and get a feel for how wool becomes yarn. She is patient, kind and encouraging. Kim applauded my efforts and successes and provided just the right amount of challenge to help me grow, but not so much that I was overwhelmed and gave up. Thank you, Kim!”
What’s Inside Let’s Make Yarn
- There are a few things you can do before the course starts and this is the perfect time to get you ready!
- Learn the basics of your spinning wheel
- You’ll get started treadling so you are ready to multi-task once the class starts
- Learn about tools and supplies that you may want moving forward
- A quick lesson on wool processing types so you feel more comfortable buying your first wool
- And finally making sure your wheel is ready to go
- Getting your bobbin ready to fly
- Hand placement for success
- Joining the lead! It’s time to get your wool on.
- Spinning a single. And just like that you are making yarn!
- Check in to see how your first spinning is going and do some quality checks
- We’ll troubleshooting some common beginner issues
- Getting you started on that second bobbin
- You learn all about making a multi-ply yarn
- How to ply the yarn YOU want
- Time to take the spun yarn off your bobbin
- The whys of finishing your yarn
- Soaking, drying and skeining your handspun
+ Additional $50
- Be a part of a community of makers all learning to handspin at the same time
- Troubleshoot issues in real time with Kim
- Come on screen for one-on-one sessions during the group
- Time to share how the course is going for you
- OR just sit back, listen and learn
Inside Let’s Make Yarn alone, you get…
4 Implementation Modules taking you step by step thru the process of learning to handspin your own yarn
An understanding of how your wheel works so that you can make it work for you.
Confidence to choose good fiber that will make your beginning spinning projects easier.
An understanding of how to finish your yarn so you can start working with your new yarn!
Plus you’ll be backed by a 7 day guarantee.
To let you know that how sure I am that this course will give you the knowledge to spin your own yarn and have a better understanding of your wheel I am offering a 7 day money back guarantee. This means you have a full week to do the course and practice your new skills every day and if you are no closer to making your own yarn simply reach out, show me that you have given the course a try, and I’ll refund your money.
Learning to Handspin isn’t Magic…
I cannot tell you how many times people have seen me spinning in person or online and have said it looks like magic or I am doing magic to make yarn. You guys, I promise, this isn’t magic and you can do it. I will admit I did not have the easiest time learning to handspin, a combination of the teaching style, the fiber I was spinning, and the lack of understanding about how my wheel works. As I picked up more and more tips I found myself repeating the same thing “if I only I had known that back when.” I know my early struggles have given me the skills and knowledge to make learning to handspin not only easier for you all but also so much fun! I am so excited to go on this journey with you.